Skyscraper Agency has built our client base by caring for them and their residents and treating them with respect. It is this approach that has generated loyalty from our clients and investors who entrust their properties to our care. Whether our client’s buildings are large or small, condos or co-ops, we provide the same unsurpassed property management service.
Benefits of using Skyscraper Agency
- Commercial/Residential No hassle management
- Automated owner statements
- Online Owner Portal Access
- Industry-leading marketing tools
- 24/7 maintenance request handling
- Prompt Response to Tenant Requests
- Low vacancy rate
- Low time on market
- Industry-specific local knowledge
- Over a Decade of Experience
What we do as your property manager:
- Fill vacancies
- Advertise your rental
- Handle tenant inquiries
- Background and credit investigations
- Application processing
- Lease signing
- Full-service repair
- Rent collection
- Coordinate Evictions
- Monitor and address violations
- DHCR Registration
- R.P.I.E. Filing
- J51 – MCI Filing
- We provide periodic walk-through of each property to ensure that it is being maintained to Skyscraper Agency’s standards.
- Skyscraper Agency hires exclusive brokers to rent out the units as soon as they become vacant.
- Strategic advertising on rental websites, and schedule showings with potential renters.
- After seeing an apartment, potential renters fill out an application, which we screen.
- We verify income, check credit, criminal background, rental history, and eviction history.
- Once obtaining the owner’s approval, we prepare, review and sign the lease with the approved tenants.
Managing from a Landlord’s viewpoint means not spending money foolishly. It means not calling in outside contractors when the building staff can handle the work. It means we research the problem before calling a plumber or a roofer. It also means we don’t allow units to sit vacant. We minimize downtime. Managing like a Landlord means we work on tenant retention because vacancies are expensive. It means we do not allow arrears to mount or tenants to withhold rent because of repairs.
How Landlords Benefit
Skyscraper Agency Thinks and Operates Like Landlords
Thinking like a Landlord means we scrutinize every invoice, not blindly paying out. Thinking like a Landlord means we give Landlords notifications of violations and complaints to the city by residents.
Thinking like a Landlord it means we act as partners and hide nothing. We don’t just think like Landlords – we operate like we own the property. We are extremely proactive, and because of our large competent team, we can frequently handle daily tasks better than a Landlord can.
Just a small sample of what we do is:
- We File for MBR’s in a timely manner
- We correctly register stabilized tenants
- We perform annual apartment inspections and monthly top to bottom building-wide inspections
- Our Managers visit their buildings more than weekly
- We send renewals out promptly and make sure all riders are signed
- We don’t accept rent from someone who isn’t the tenant of record – we manually monitor every single payment that comes in
- We get to know and develop long-standing relationships with our residents
- We actively employ methods to reduce expenses such as fuel, insurance, maintenance and supplies
- Cash flow is constantly monitored
Thinking like a Landlord means we also keep an eye on management fees. So with our no hidden cost approach, we strive to manage your building while improving your cash flow so that our fees pay for themselves. And then some!
The Disadvantage of Self Managed Properties
Skyscraper Agency’s compliance department deals with monitoring complaints, permits, expiration, violations and warnings so that nothing falls through the cracks. We are specialists at cleaning up violations. Violation of free buildings save on fines, insurance, and lost rent collections. Staying on top of compliance avoids major headaches, speeds up MCI process, defends you against lawsuits, prevents loss of rent claims, among other benefits. Having a competent compliance department on your side will save you a huge amount of time and money. The many rules and regulations and red tape are tricky to maneuver successfully with positive results, but with Skyscraper Agency on your side, it is seamless and efficient.
At Skyscraper Agency we never stop searching for ways to cut costs We prepare detailed accurate budgets for our clients and monitor them closely. Many expenses are fixed but for anything we can control, we are diligent and aggressive in doing so. There are many ways to improve the efficiency of the heating system, yet most Landlords aren’t aware of how to take advantage of these small corrections. We put in the time and effort at no expense to the Landlord unless repairs or necessary upgrades are required to be done.Tenant retention is so important. We take pride in bringing in good market-rate tenants through careful screening and then keeping them in place to avoid downtime and the cost of painting and upgrades. Everything is done in-house so there is no cost to you for this service. Our tenants are happy with us and recommend friends and family. There is very little downtime in our buildings. Because we have good relations with our residents, they provide us adequate notice when they vacate as well as access to show for prospective residents, so that the unit is ready as quickly as possible for the new tenants. When you choose Skyscraper Agency to manage your property, the transition will be smooth and trouble-free. Over the years we have developed a thorough transition checklist, ensuring that we secure all necessary documents and prepare complete and accurate files. The process is very quick, easy and truly painless.
When you choose Skyscraper Agency to manage your property, the transition will be smooth and trouble-free. Over the years we have developed a thorough transition checklist, ensuring that we secure all necessary documents and prepare complete and accurate files. The process is very quick, easy and truly painless.
Skyscraper Agency offers full-service property management for New York City rental properties. Building owners have trusted Skyscraper Agency to efficiently and effectively manage their rental properties for over seven decades. Our services span the full spectrum of rental management duties, ranging from core elements such as managing resident relationships and concerns, maintaining building facilities, and supervising operating staff, to more specialized assistance such as asset management and financial analysis/reporting.
Our reputation for accountability and efficiency coupled with our extensive portfolio of longstanding property relationships allow us to minimize property operating expenses while providing the highest level of service in the industry.
Learn more about Skyscraper Agency's unique approach to property management: