I HAVE A MAINTENANCE ISSUE IN MY APARTMENT. WHO SHOULD I CALL FOR REPAIRS?
If you have any maintenance issues or questions, please first contact your building superintendent. Your superintendent will schedule an appointment with you to inspect the problem and make any necessary repairs. If he is not able to resolve the problem, he will contact the appropriate vendor (e.g., plumber or electrician) and coordinate a date and time to fix the issue. If you do not receive a timely response, please call our office or send an email to your property manager to report the issue.
I HAVE AN EMERGENCY. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
In the case of fire, gas leak, or theft, please dial 911 immediately.
If you have a management emergency (i.e., flood, no heat or hot water, or loss of electricity) after normal business hours and you cannot reach your superintendent, please call our Emergency Answering Service at 212-408-1696.
I DO NOT WISH TO RENEW MY LEASE. WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR VACATING THE APARTMENT?
If you do not wish to renew your lease, you must:
1. Fill out the Lease Renewal Form, Part B – Tenants Response to owner. Mark the box which states; “I (we) will not renew my (our) lease…” and return the signed form back to our office.
2. Send your forwarding address along with the Lease Renewal Form, as we will need your forwarding address (in writing) in order to return your security deposit. If you do not have a forwarding address when you decide to vacate, you can send it via email to your property manager, mail, or fax to our office once you have it.
3. Contact your superintendent to schedule a date and time to return keys to the apartment.
4. Move out all of your belongings and arrange to return your keys on or before the ending date of your lease to avoid a penalty.
5. Leave the apartment “broom cleaned” and in the same condition as it was in upon your occupancy. You will not be penalized for ordinary wear and tear, such as marks on walls and picture hanger holes, but we are appreciative of such repairs.
WHEN SHOULD I EXPECT TO RECEIVE MY SECURITY DEPOSIT AFTER VACATING?
If you carry out all of the terms of your lease and return the apartment to the owner in good condition (aside from ordinary wear and tear), we will return to you the full amount of your security deposit within a period of 30-60 days after your lease ends. However, if you do not carry out all the terms of your lease, the owner may keep all or part of your security deposit as necessary to compensate the owner for any losses incurred, including missed payments and legal fees.
WHEN AND WHERE SHOULD I SEND IN MY MONTHLY RENT PAYMENTS?
Depending on the building in which you reside, you will receive your rent bill either by mail, email or hand delivery. Enclosed in your rent bill package each month you will find a summary of charges as well as a return envelope. You can either pay your rent online here, or detach the return slip and place the slip along with your payment in the return envelope. Please be sure that the return address is visible in the envelope’s window. Your rent is due on the first of each month.
WHAT SERVICES ARE INCLUDED IN MY RENT?
Your rent includes heat and hot water.
It is the responsibility of each tenant to arrange and pay for:
• Cable TV and telephone: There are various providers of cable and telephone service in New York City, including Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS, and RCN. Depending on the building in which you reside, please contact the appropriate provider for any questions regarding service or installation.
SUBLETTING – AM I ALLOWED TO SUBLET MY APARTMENT?
You must contact management prior to subletting your apartment. Please refer to the subsection titled “Subletting” in your lease for information on subletting your particular apartment.